- Reduces the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes in both women and men
- High nutritional content as well as antioxidant benefits. How to use: Cut it into desired sizes and shapes
- Combine pears with mustard greens, watercress, leeks and walnuts for a delicious salad.
- Serve pears with goat or bleu cheese for an interesting dessert.
- Add chopped pears, crushed ginger and honey to millet porridge for a sweet breakfast.
- Core pear, and poach in apple juice or wine.
Storage: Keep in cool after cutting, pears will oxidize quickly and turn brown. You can help prevent this by adding a few drops of lemon juice, lemon or orange